Monday, December 3, 2012

microwave chocolate-5 minutes recipe

 Homemade chocolates ,ready in minutes and great as a gift.These were yummy,soft and chewy.I made a small batch ,Which yielded  about 25 pieces - all by the way,vanished in thin air before  the weekend...a note to myself  next time,make an even smaller batch.

 Update : We  visited India this year and I made a big batch as gift for relatives ,everyone just loved it and kept asking me the recipe .Hope you all enjoy them as much as I enjoyed making them .



ingredients:
1/4 cup: evaporated milk
1/4 cup:powder sugar
1/2  to 1 tbs butter(change to preference)
1/4 cup chocolate chip
1/4 cup almond powder

Recipe


  • Microwave the milk and sugar for 2 minutes,no need to stir .
  • add butter and chocolate chip microwave another 2 minutes stirring every 30 sec.
  • add almond powder,if runny microwave 1 more minute and do the drop ball test as follows
  • In a bowl full of water drop the chocolate paste and look what happens ,if the chocolate settles on the bottom ,you are able to pick it up and roll into a ball then its good, but if it dissolves right away then the paste needs some more microwaving
  • once cool cover with plastic wrap and refrigerated for a minimum of 2 hours
  • once cool shape into desired size,these can be made into truffles or can be molded into fancy shapes
  • Enjoy with your loved ones.
Note: I bought the molds from eBay -I don't remember the seller but it's called silicone candy molds .Just go to eBay and type the name .
Here is a quick video tutorial:

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Here I am looking at all these posts that require fancy candy making tools and up you pop. Thanks so much, just wanted something simple for the kids to share with their classes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @austim news,Thankyou for stopping by my blog and taking time to post a comment,hope you find the recipe useful.

      Delete
  2. Nice one. I don't have oven at my home, can u help in this regard?
    Thank u.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting on the post .reagrding your Q: if you don't have microwave (I think that's what you mean by oven ) you can do the same on a stove top in a saucepan over low to medium heat .The only reason I used a microwave methode is because it is quick and easy.Hope this helps.

      Delete
  3. Hi , can i substitute evaporated milk with normal low fat or high fat milk.please help .

    ReplyDelete