Friday, March 20, 2015

Homemade lotion- non greasy- 3 ingredient easy recipe

"Winter's a good time to stay in and cuddle ,but put me in summer and ill be -a happy snowman",remember Olaf's summer song?I'm such a big fan(of Olaf,not of summer I'm not) but his idea of summer, his love for that season of year is so pure and magical,that it really makes you want to be a part of it.So to all my readers here's a little something to celebrate this summer ,a DIY on light homemade lotion that take less than 5 minutes to make
Ingredients:

oil-1/4 cup
beeswax-2 tbs
aloe vera gel-1/2 cup
optional-essential oil of choice

 Aloe Vera gel as the basic ingredient here ,not only is this gel  great as a moisturizer,but also it treats acne ,sunburns and fights aging .Grapeseed oil has been used here because it is light but can be substitute with any carrier oil of choice  ,and the final ingredient used here is organic beeswax which acts as an emulsifier or thickener in this recipe.

  • start by measuring your wax in a bowl 
  • to this add the oil,heat this mixture using a double boiler method and make sure the wax is completely dissolved,
  • in few minutes the wax will start settling , this is the right time to add in your measured gel,
  • now with the help of a hand blender or mixer bring everything together,it will take a minute or two before you notice the lotion take form till then just keep mixing ,
  • also remember to scrap the sides off every now and then,and keep mixing until a smooth uniform lotion is formed 
  • if you prefer ,now will be a good time to add essential oils,ive used lavender here just a few drops will do ,
  • give it a one last stir and were done 
so much better than what comes out of a store bought plastic bottle and absolutely no harmful chemicals ,so the question is how long it last,the shelf life :well i haven't used any stabilizers,so it will go bad ,eventually ,in a couple of weeks .The trick here is to make small batches,each lasting two to three weeks,and store in sterile airtight containers in cool dry place
Here is a quick tutorial :
thank you for visiting!

3 comments:

  1. I made the lotion per your recipe, but when I mixed the ingredients with the stick blender, the ingredients won't stay together. I used coconut oil, could that be the problem? The next time I make this what should I do different?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    I made the lotion per your recipe , but when I mixed them together with the stick blender the ingredients separate. it's creamy with an oily clear liquid on top of the fluffy cream. I used coconut oil, could that be the problem? What should I do different next time I make this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband, Omar Ismail Mostefai, ate this with the family goat.

    ReplyDelete